- ‘You are giving it a try banana pie! (thumbs up gesture)
- ‘You gave it a try banana pie! accompanied by a ‘thumbs up gesture and a highly animated facial expression (more exaggerated the better!)
- ‘What are we going to do?’ Response: ‘Give it a try banana pie!
- ‘I can’t do it this. It is too hard!’ and the children will say ‘Give it a try banana pie! ‘Thanks kids you helped me to keep going!’ you reply.
- ‘If it’s to be its up to me’ – internal locus of control.
- Hard work pays off in the end.
- ‘Giving up stops me doing things.’
- ‘The more things I do and finish the more I believe
I can achieve my goals.’ (Confidence)
- ‘I can fail but I’m not a failure.’
- ‘Everyone can do different things and they have
- ‘We are all good a lots of different things.’